Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Boy, Oh Boy, OH BOY!

So, this was me three months ago while Carey and I were on our anniversary trip to Hawaii:



We had the time of our lives! Everything about this trip was wonderful, from the food, to the beach- front massage, to being just plain ole' lazy. We soaked it up! And it's a good thing because almost immediately after we arrived home, we became aware of our new reality:


Yep, that's right - we were pregnant in Hawaii and didn't even know it yet! God was like, "Yeah, they're going to need a good vacation before they find out about Mr. Surprise." Lol! So, yes, God does have a sense of humor. We figured Baby #3 was a boy from the very beginning seeing how both sides of the family are heavy with boys (roughly 80%). Today we confirmed that he is indeed another sweet boy! And, so, now I gush.

The sonographer was tickled because it seemed that little Zeke ("God strengthens") Gray (my maiden name) Pittsinger was attempting to do alligator rolls in my stomach. Sounds about right. Initially he was resting nicely with one arm behind his head and the other hand was in a fist in front of his face as if saying, "I'm coming for you, brothers!" (This dude fits the bill, folks.) Then he started moving around like crazy!


Mr. Zeke has his lovely little head and hands in my right side and his legs are pushing straight down on nothing else than MY BLADDER (thanks, guy). The sonographer said it was interesting that his legs were straight out because usually babies at his gestation are still curled up a bit. Well, doesn't surprise me at all that he is taking up all the room he can, ha! He seems like a smart little guy who seizes the opportunities he's given, lol. And wouldn't you know that he's measuring perfectly?! I mean, after having two kids that always measured big I almost don't know what to do with myself with that information.

Being pregnant a third time is surreal. I feel like I have a much better appreciation for being able to bear children this time around. We have many friends who either can't carry their own children or always wanted more children and it just didn't work out. Being pregnant is not something I take for granted! What a blessing to be able to carry another little life. This little guy is going to be awesome, and I just can't believe God gave him to us.

I have been able to change some things this time around (to God be the glory). I started out much healthier and active than ever, so thankfully I've been able to keep exercising. (Hey, I may be slower and start waddling soon, but this preggo will get a work out in.) Also, I'm not nearly as hungry as I was with the first two, so it's nice to be able to sleep without getting up to eat in the middle of the night. However, my biggest side affect still seems to be weight gain no matter what I do. Guess my body just likes to be fat and happy when I'm pregnant. I can live with that! ;)

So, there you have it. Our little turkey baby (literally) is due in mid-November, and we plan on picking his birthday, going in for surgery, and having the easiest childbirth experience to date (Lord willing). After laboring for days, having two previous "failure to progress" births, and STILL having surgery for both, we aren't messing around this time. I gotta admit the "Momma shame" that's out there about natural childbirth and stuff really hit me hard this time, but God's helped me work it out. Our goal is to have another healthy, happy boy, so surgery is our choice.

I hope you enjoyed a more "'light-hearted" post! They don't come very often, do they? Lol Well, this life is nothing but surprising. Thank you for sharing it with us! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment