Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thoughts (and the Book of Acts Reading Plan)



"Would I be willing to risk my safety to obey God's calling on my life? Is the fear of danger keeping me from wholeheartedly serving him?"

I thought this would be a simple post.

The Lord has put it on my heart to start sharing some bible reading plans to encourage others in their faith. However, when I re-read day 21 it LEAPT OFF THE PAGE. It literally leapt. Off. The. Page.

You see, God put these questions on my heart several months ago before all the junk happened: the false accusations and such. And we are taking steps in another direction now (which I will share more about in the next several weeks as everything falls into place). What started as excitement quickly turned into urgency and then went on to despair and fear. And I know the Lord doesn't want me to fear...today he is especially assuring my heart that whatever happens will be good. It's hard to begin the process of moving on from a past calling and into a new one, but God's word has once again shown itself faithful through my own imperfect recollections. 

We've all been through "stuff." None of it is the same "stuff," but that's besides the point. All of the junk that has encroached on our lives can cause depression if we give it that power, but I choose to remember instead the number of times God has shown up. His record in my life is approximately 10,000:0. 

So, as the record has shown, I need not fear.

I pray this reading plan blesses you as it has me!

ACTS (20 days)
  1. Chapters 1-2 - How can I express to others how I have been changed by Christ's resurrection and the gift of the Holy Spirit? What does God want me to do as a part of his great plan?
  2. Chapters 3-4 - How can I prepare to witness to others when good things happen? What evidences are in my life that I "have been with Jesus?"
  3. Chapter 5 - What warning should I receive when others are judged by God because of personal sin? How can I biblically respond to persecution?
  4. Chapters 6-7 - How might God want to use me today to fill a need? Am I willing to risk my very life for the sake of the gospel?
  5. Chapter 8 - Why does being sensitive to the Holy Spirit matter? What distractions do I need to limit in my life?
  6. Chapter 9 - What does Saul's conversion teach me about God's mercy? How do I know when someone has truly come into a relationship with Jesus Christ?
  7. Chapters 10-11 - What can I do to become better unified with other believers? How may God want me to reach others who are outside of my daily influence?
  8. Chapters 12-13 - What does God want me to understand in the midst of persecution? How can I help spread the gospel through missions?
  9. Chapters 14-15 - How does struggle in my service to the Lord strengthen my faith? How can I encourage unity among other believers when disagreements arise?
  10. Chapter16 - What does God want me to do in the midst of unfair treatment? How should my reactions to the trials of life be different, and why do my reactions matter?
  11. Chapters 17-18 - What does the Lord want me to keep sight of when others refuse Him? How can I become more comfortable with sharing my faith?
  12. Chapters 19-20 - What should be my role in the event of outlandish claims made against brothers and sisters of the faith? Who has been a positive example on my faith and how can I be an example for someone else?
  13. Chapter 21 - Would I be willing to risk my safety to obey God's calling on my life? Is the fear of danger keeping me from wholeheartedly serving him?
  14. Chapter 22 - What "citizenship" has God given me to use for his glory? How can I minister to other people groups for the cause of Christ?
  15. Chapter 23 - What situation in my life desperately needs God's wisdom? What comforts me as I experience struggles and trials?
  16. Chapter 24 - How should I respond to corrupt authority? What character strengths has God given me to handle unfairness?
  17. Chapter 25 - Am I more often patient or impatient when a lack of discernment affects my life? What does God want me to learn through such circumstances?
  18. Chapter 26 - What is my defense when others challenge my faith? Why is an appropriate response important?
  19. Chapter 27 - What Godly wisdom can I bring to earthly catastrophes? How can my influence make a difference and save lives?
  20. Chapter 28 - In what area(s) of my faith do I need to persevere? To whom am I called to minister?

No comments:

Post a Comment